Fundamentals of Energy Futures - FOEF
CPE Credits Awarded: 8
This highly interactive workshop is a great introduction to exchange traded futures contracts. Delegates will leave with an in-depth knowledge of futures contracts and markets - specifically those related to energy. This introductory one-day course includes a trading simulation and a comprehensive review at the end.
Includes Web-based Pre-study Module
This course is accompanied by a preparatory course available online. Delegates will receive a web voucher as part of their joining instructions upon confirmation of registration. By taking advantage of this "blended" learning approach, in-class time and learning are optimized.
Do you have a question or enquiry regarding this course?
Please contact your local sales team:
- The development and characteristics of futures contracts
- Where and how energy futures contracts are traded
- Delivery of futures contracts
- Long vs. Short positions
- How to mark-to-market (realized vs. unrealized profits and losses)
- Players in the futures markets (hedgers, speculators and locals)
- Intermonth, intercommodity and intermarket spreads
- Measuring the market with volume and open interest
- The importance of liquidity
- The roles of the clearinghouse
- The use and purpose of Initial and Variation Margins
- Other delivery options: ADPs and EFPs
- The problems of basis risk
- Types of orders: Stop, Limit, and Market
Course is lively and keeps you moving. It is not your typical classroom setting. It was great! K.S., NRG Energy
If you have attended a past course please provide us with some feedback.