Fundamentals of Energy Futures - FOEF
CPE Credits Awarded: 8
This highly interactive workshop is a great introduction to exchange traded futures contracts. Delegates will leave with an in-depth knowledge of futures contracts and markets - specifically those related to energy. This introductory one-day course includes a trading simulation and a comprehensive review at the end.
Includes Web-based Pre-study Module
This course is accompanied by a preparatory course available online. Delegates will receive a web voucher as part of their joining instructions upon confirmation of registration. By taking advantage of this "blended" learning approach, in-class time and learning are optimized.
Do you have a question or enquiry regarding this course?
Please contact your local sales team:
Class delegates include everyone from trade support staff all the way up to senior management - anyone who needs to learn the basics for the first time or sharpen their skills on futures terminology and trading. This programme deals with many different energy commodities, including oil, gas and electricity.
- The development and characteristics of futures contracts
- Where and how energy futures contracts are traded
- Delivery of futures contracts
- Long vs. Short positions
- How to mark-to-market (realized vs. unrealized profits and losses)
- Players in the futures markets (hedgers, speculators and locals)
- Intermonth, intercommodity and intermarket spreads
- Measuring the market with volume and open interest
- The importance of liquidity
- The roles of the clearinghouse
- The use and purpose of Initial and Variation Margins
- Other delivery options: ADPs and EFPs
- The problems of basis risk
- Types of orders: Stop, Limit, and Market
Course is lively and keeps you moving. It is not your typical classroom setting. It was great! K.S., NRG Energy
If you have attended a past course please provide us with some feedback.